Boiler Service

What are my responsibilities?

Boilers need regular servicing to make sure they’re safe and running efficiently and boiler maintenance should be a priority for landlords because, as a landlord, you’re legally required to service the boiler in your rental properties every year.

As well as keeping you on the right side of the law, this will help pick up any problems that might be costly to repair down the line.

You are also legally responsible for repairs to heating, hot water, gas appliances, pipes, flues, ventilation, wiring, and sanitary fittings.

Boiler Service

What happens during a boiler service?

  • We’ll inspect your boiler and controls to make sure they’re working properly.
  • We’ll check your boiler for corrosion and leaks.
  • We’ll take off the casing of your boiler to inspect the main components.
  • We’ll check the gas pressure.
  • We’ll test the flue to make sure it’s not emitting any unsafe fumes.
  • We’ll clean the parts (if tests indicate they need it).
  • We’ll pop the casing back on and check the seals.
  • We’ll leave you with a checklist of information about your boiler’s safety.

The engineer should inform you if the boiler does not meet building and safety legislation and regulations during their checks.


Most frequent questions and answers

During your boiler service, a Gas Safe registered engineer will visit your property at a pre-arranged time to inspect, test and clean the main parts of your boiler. This helps to ensure everything is working properly and safely inside, and the parts are doing their job effectively.

Your engineer will test the main components and be able to spot any issues with how your boiler is performing too. 

Most boiler services only take around 30 minutes.

They’re easy to arrange and quick to carry out, so cause minimum inconvenience with maximum benefit!

While plumbers are able to do many jobs related to water and pipes, not all plumbers are qualified to work with boilers or central heating systems.

For any work on your boiler: from installation to repair to servicing, you need a Gas Safe registered heating engineer. They may also be a plumber, but not all plumbers are heating engineers!